Sunday, July 21, 2013

Learner's High, Who Knew!

After spending a year on Twitter reading posts and blogs, I am finally ready to join the blogger world. It is not that I don't appreciate the power of reflection and sharing, I just felt like blogging would be yet another "to do" item on my ever growing list. I also thought I really did not have much to say that has not already been or would be said through my remarkable PLN's blogs. However, I've come to realize that blogging needs to be more about my own reflections as an evolving educator. It's a personal journey, but if I can contribute or inspire others to try something new, it's an added bonus!

This is such an exciting time in education. In the past year, there has not been a day I have not learned something new or have been willing to jump outside of my comfort zone. As I take more risks, it seems like I crave more challenges. I use to be an avid runner and would push myself until I experienced a 'runner's high.' Honestly, I felt like I could run forever. Well since having my third child and years of wear and tear on my body, I can no longer run. I never thought I would be able to reach the incredible 'runner's high' feeling until I jumped on the tech ed learning wave. There is something about being totally consumed with learning and reaching that 'eureka moment' that sends me into a superhero mode and fuels my motivation for the next challenge.  Who knew that there was such a thing as a 'learner's high!'  Yes, I've become a learner junkie. My hope is to lead my students in a couple of weeks on discovering their own 'learner's high' experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment